Hi all! Last time we spoke I left you with the hikes I did while in Oahu. I now leave you with some of the places we got to go to and some food recommendations (or warnings) lol Hope you enjoy! & please share your Oahu faves in the comments 🙂
Our first day in Oahu we decided to go to the KCC Farmers Market after our early morning hike. Now if you have any spare time during your trip, I highly recommend stopping at a local farmers market. While at KCC FM we picked up some amazing jerky from @orchidislesnacks. Like honestly, the BEST jerky I have ever had. This farmers market is open every Saturday 7:30am-11am.
KCC Cactus Garden
Now if you know me, you know I love an opportunity for some good pictures. KCC Cactus Garden delivered! Located right next to the farmers market, it is such a beautiful and convenient place. Get yourself some yummy food and snap some pics.
I attended the Waikiki Aquarium towards the end of the day on a weekend and was glad to do so because we had most of the place to ourselves. If you have kids or are looking for a place to wind down and enjoy the sea life (without getting wet) then this is the place to be. Their souvenir picture book was way too cute not to buy, so of course we purchased it! Also, they offer military discount.
The Dole Plantation had to have been one of my favorite places we visited. Why? Dole Whip, that’s why! Not only that but it was such a beautiful place to walk around and explore. We took the train ride tour and tried to complete the maze but failed after getting tired of walking lol Also, we all picked our own pearls from one of the many little pearl stands they have. They provide military discounts.
If there is a beach you must visit it is Waikiki Beach. Now I don’t mean visit Waikiki and only Waikiki because, let’s face it, there area so many other more beautiful beaches (Lanikai) in Oahu. Yet, Waikiki is one of those places that is good to see while visiting because it has a lot of tourist things to do.
Nu’uanu Pali Lookout
Nu’uanuu Pali Lookout is another great place for pictures. The lookout offers views of vast greenery and endless ocean. Parking is free for military. Be warned, it gets really windy up there so hold on to your hats! Mine nearly flew off.
East Honolulu Beach Park
East Honolulu Park was such a relaxing place to go, with the best views of Koko Head. We went to catch the sunset before heading out to dinner. It is such a great place for a picnic! Not only that, but you can rent equipment there and there is also a basketball court. Located in a quiet residential area.
Going to The Chief’s Luau was my number one favorite thing we did. We got the best option available which provides you with front row seats, first dibs on food, a cool lei, and 3 drinks. Everyone was so welcoming and The Chief had us laughing through the show. The dancers were amazing and there were plenty of activities for you to do before the show.
- Doraki Sushi: Try the tempura ice cream!
- Tikis Bar and Grill: They have the best tropical drinks in unique and affordable souvenir cups, with a view of Waikiki Beach.
- Alexandro’s Mex Food: It is a hole in the wall restaurant with good “Mexican” food.
- Matsumoto Shaved Ice: Hawaiian Combination with condensed milk was amaze!
- Broken Rice: Okay, talk about great customer service!! They get an A+ in my book. Oh and let me add…CLEAN restaurant and amazing Vietnamese food.
- Ono Poke: This place have a long line, but it moves fast! Favorite flavor was the Hawaii style ahi 🙂 parking is limited so I suggest taking an Uber/Lyft or going before lunch time.
- Giovanni’s Shrimp: I would say to go for the hype and to try the other food trucks around it. I got the lemon butter flavor and it was okay. Not worth the money you pay and time you wait. & to top it off HORRIBLE customer service!! We asked the guy handing us our ordered if he could wrap it to go because there was nowhere to sit and he literally huffed and rolled his eyes so far back he probably saw his brain..
- Leonard’s Bakery: You cannot go to Oahu and not pick up some malasadas. My husband bought a dozen and a half lol he did however wake up at 5am to beat the morning rush. PARKING IS VERY LIMITED.
- Harry’s Café: A little hole in the wall café that is cash only. Amazing customer service and huge portions for a very affordable price.